Apple Mac, Computer & PC Support
We act as an indispensable partner to our client’s businesses throughout Bristol and the surrounding areas. We actively monitor your computer systems 24/7 to ensure they are running smoothly and everything works the way it should so that your people can focus on what they do best.
We provide technical support and training for Windows and Apple products, as well as Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook. We also specialise in Office 365 support including Sharepoint and Teams.
We run diagnostic health checks on PCs including laptops and desktops and on Apple products such as iMacs, MacBooks, Mac Pros and Mac Minis. The health check is designed to ensure that your computer is fit for purpose and won’t die on you, requiring expensive data recovery. Over time the performance of PCs especially will slow down due to ageing components and clutter, often this can be solved using software optimisation tools to clean up files and applications. We will also check to see if your computer’s hard drive or RAM is the root of the problem and upgrade them if necessary. We also support mobile devices within our mobile device management service, part of our Office 365 offering.
We are used to helping people with various levels of technical know-how so we make sure that we explain things in language that you will understand rather than technical gobbledygook. Our support geeks typically help our clients with the following activities:
- install and configure computer hardware, operating systems and software applications
- monitor, maintain and troubleshoot computer equipment and IT infrastructure
- diagnose and solve hardware or software faults
- apply software updates, patches and fixes
- set up new users’ accounts and profiles and deal with password issues
- Microsoft Office application support
Apple Mac Support
We work with all operating systems, including macOS – even though it is generally more reliable than Windows, it’s not perfect. A lot of people choose Apple because ‘it just works’, Apple computers don’t tend to suffer from the same issues to do with bloatware (software that installs unnecessary add-ons and uses up too much disk space) however we do come across software issues as well as problems with macOS itself. Some of the common issues that we help our Apple clients with include:
- Mac won’t turn on or startup
- Mac won’t shut down
- My Mac has frozen
- MacBook is not charging or the battery is losing power too quickly
- WiFi is slow or not working
How Does Computer Support Work?
Your first line of support is our friendly help desk whose job it is to open a support ticket, diagnose your IT issues and get you back to work as quickly as possible. Our 1st line support engineers have lots of experience of working with the most common issues across different industries and sectors which means the vast majority of problems are solved over the phone within a few minutes. Some of the most common helpdesk queries we get are:
- I can’t log in
- The printer won’t print
- Why is the internet/my computer so slow?
- Word/Outlook has crashed/won’t open
- I’ve just deleted a file/email by mistake
We can use remote desktop software which allows us to connect to your PC, laptop or Mac and solve the issue as if we were sitting in front of your computer.
Our help desk technicians are backed up by more experienced technicians which means that if 1st line support is unable to solve a technical hitch over the phone they may need to research the problem or discuss it with 2nd line support who will make sure your issue is promptly and efficiently resolved within agreed SLAs.
We use industry-leading customer service and support software, Freshdesk, to manage the whole support process. This enables us to track support tickets and monitor conversations with our clients. This means that we quickly resolve your issues using your preferred method of communication whether that’s email, telephone, chat or social media.
What are the benefits of outsourcing Apple Mac & Computer Support?
As businesses adopt new technologies they become more productive and able to do more with less. The businesses that keep on top of the latest tech upgrades can gain advantages compared to those that don’t. However, unless you have dedicated in-house resource to help you keep up with all of the latest trends it can be hard to know whether to move to the latest technology or to wait and see. Our team are constantly evaluating new software releases, we test them ourselves first to understand the benefits of upgrading.
Outsourcing your IT support will help you stay focused on running your business without getting distracted by complicated IT decisions. Other benefits include:
- Control technology costs – when you outsource, you pay a fixed monthly fee in the knowledge that whatever happens to your IT you are covered, making it easier to control your IT budget.
- Reduce staff costs – recruiting good IT staff is expensive and they don’t always live up to expectations.
- Breadth & depth of experience – we come across the same problems again and again across many different businesses. We don’t need to spend time researching the best way to fix problems because we usually already know the answer.
- Improved efficiency – it takes time to test and implement new software. By the time we recommend new software or an upgrade, we’ve done all the testing for you which means you save time.
- Quickly get your people up to speed – we can train and support your staff on how to use new technology which means they can start being productive as soon as it’s installed.
- Reduced security risk – fraudsters and hackers are constantly on the lookout for weaknesses in the latest software. We are aware of all of the latest vulnerabilities and know how to implement security updates to prevent attacks.
- Access to enterprise-level technology – technology such as Office 365 and G Suite gives SMEs many of the capabilities previously only available to much larger businesses. We understand the best way to implement and secure these technologies so that you just get on with using them.
We offer a range of support plans that provide your business with unlimited IT assistance and computer support giving you complete peace of mind. All you need to do is choose the right support package for your business and we’ll do the rest.
Computer Support FAQs
Do you give Ad-Hoc support?
Yes we do, this is provided at our standard rates, we are very experienced at supporting both Microsoft and Apple issues. We have been supporting Apple Macs since day 1 (September 2006) 13yrs ago.
Can you see what I’m doing on the computer at all times through the RMM?
We monitor the system and the processes of your computer, to keep it running as smoothly and securely as possible. We don’t monitor what you do on it, so think of it as more of a background process.