Meet Alix – our Finance Manager. Alix is responsible for all things money and is probably much geekier than you’d think (which is, obviously, a great thing).
We asked Alix about her favourite things from the last 15 years… here’s what she says!
Alix’s favourites from the last 15 years
5 favourite music artists since 2006
My taste in music is rather eclectic. Unlike the rest of the team, it isn’t a big passion for me, although I am longing to go dancing now after starting lockdown with a new-born who is now a toddler!
5 favourite books (read) in the last 15 years
- Shantaram, Gregory David Roberts – such vivid, tangible imagery, an absolute delight.
- The Schopenhauer Cure, Irvin Yalom – a fiction story based on Yalom’s experiences running therapy groups, a fascinating look at group dynamics.
- Breath, James Nestor – this book fundamentally changed my day-to-day life.
- The Circadian Code, Dr. Satchidananda Panda – a must-read for everyone.
- The Body Keeps the Score, Bessel A. van der Kolk – very moving, brought me to tears.
Alix’s biggest lifestyle changes since 2006
- Started to enjoy fitness and exercise
- Discovered my spirituality
- Married the most incredible man I have ever met
- Started my doctorate in Existential Psychotherapy
Favourite travel destinations of the last 15 years
- Brazil (6 months travelling)
- Norway (dog sledding and seeing the Aurora Borealis)
- Portugal (special holiday with my sister)
Alix’s greatest culinary achievements (a few each or either)
Growing up on a smallholding with our own pigs, chickens, goats etc. it was a big shift when I began to understand the global problems with meat production. I would describe myself as a vegan ‘wannabe’ and I take part in Veganuary each year, whilst trying to continuously reduce my meat consumption.
Two of my favourites are sweet potato curry and avocado and sweetcorn pesto pasta.
There are numerous vegan desserts I enjoy making including a rich chocolate ice-cream, raspberry fool and desiccated coconut covered dark chocolate truffles.
Would you like to know anything more about Alix? Tweet at us (@dialageek) and we may reply (we reserve the right not to, if the questions are too weird/not weird enough).
Let us know (on Twitter or just give us a call – we’re sociable Geeks) what else you’d like us to ask us for the upcoming ‘Meet Your Geek’ posts (each of us gets a blog post!).ALL ARTICLES