Looking for the right place to focus your business tech investment in 2022?
Driven by pandemic restrictions and a new wave of digital evolution, the last few years have been a challenge. Yet they’ve also been fantastic for businesses that want to maximise the value they get from their technology.
But if you want to maintain the gains you’ve made and keep on top of the trends to come, it’s time to look ahead to 2022 and spot the best tech to invest in.
Here are the top three things to focus your attention on:
Where to focus your tech spend in 2022
1) SaaS (Software as a Service)
The first port of call for improving pretty much everything about how your tech delivers for your business is migrating to the cloud. Software as a Service (SaaS) replaces the in-office servers, confusing integration, and expensive licenses of the past with flexible, scalable solutions.
If you haven’t jumped on board the good ship SaaS already, this is the place to start if you want to improve your team’s productivity, performance, and security. Packages like Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace give you solid collections of apps that let you:
- Stay connected in and out of the office – when lockdowns and other times when it feels smart to set up remote working could be around any corner, SaaS solutions ensure your team can collaborate wherever they happen to be.
- Keep everything nice and centralised – say goodbye to poorly optimised software set-ups and hello to perfectly integrated apps that monitor and control everything your business is and does.
- Maximise security and back-ups – key concerns for cybersecurity in the modern age, most SaaS providers include excellent backup and security as part of their packages.
2) Compliance as a Service (CaaS)
Thought you’d already gotten the hang of everything the “as a Service” model can do for your business? Think again.
Compliance as a Service is the way increasing numbers of companies are choosing to protect themselves from the ever-growing range of cybersecurity threats out there.
Many are based around meeting universal standards like the UK government-supported Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus schemes or industry-specific regulatory frameworks. The thing these standards have in common is that they tend to be wide-ranging ways to protect your business against scammers, phishing emails, ransomware, and a variety of other cybercrime threats.
The other thing they have in common is their relative complexity to the layperson. CaaS options outsource the expertise needed to fulfil them to a provider.
3) Managed Security options
Sometimes imagined as an alternative to CaaS solutions, but in reality often an overlapping part, a Managed Security solution gives you a partner who will work with you to make sure your cybersecurity is where it needs to be.
For Managed Service Providers like Dial A Geek, this can involve a range of different things such as:
- Making sure you’re meeting the right compliance standards to secure contracts and partners
- Assessing your current cybersecurity measures to ensure you’re protected
- Staff training, so your team understands how phishing emails and the like work
- Removing redundant measures or areas you are overspending in for your needs
- Ongoing monitoring of your systems, responding to threats often before you know they’re there
With so many businesses having to change the way they operate in the past few years, Managed Security options give you a straightforward way to make sure you haven’t left yourself open to a huge and potentially costly breach or downtime.
2022 tech to invest in
Deciding where to focus your tech spend in 2022 is important if you want to get real value for your money.
If you’re struggling to decide, SaaS, CaaS, and Managed Security are the places to start.
Not sure where to focus your tech spend in 2022?
Let’s chat about it. Dial A Geek already helps nearly 1000 businesses in Bristol and beyond decide what to prioritise when it comes to their tech.
Set up a cost and commitment-free meet with Chief Geek Gildas Jones today via his calendar. Let’s talk through where it might be best for you to focus.ALL ARTICLES