Plaster is a well-established and fast-growing integrated communications agency with specialisms in tech, culture, and community. They cover PR for most of the major events in and around Bristol, but also work with international tech giants such as Microsoft UK and Pioneer Group.
Plaster first came to us after a change of ownership. The new owner, Kellie Hasbury, wanted to reshape and modernise the technology in the business.
Plaster’s tech was very outdated – their methods of working, including team collaboration tools, had not changed in the last 10 years! They were storing large volumes of media on a huge mix of removable drives and an old Linux server. On top of that, the whole team kept losing productivity due to regular connectivity issues.
As part of Protect & Grow onboarding, we migrated all the files (including the archives) to Google Workspace. Alongside this, we helped them design a new folder system with appropriate access settings.
We also installed a fully managed, high-capacity local storage facility (NAS). This is used for larger files, like 4K videos, and allows them to be edited in the office.
A fibre broadband and a cloud-managed network were installed to resolve the connectivity issues.
- The new clarity in company IT systems helped the business owner and the senior leadership team define business processes.
- All data is backed up and secure from loss or breach – crucial to the continuity of a creative company.
- The office manager now has a clear process for secure staff onboarding and offboarding, including device management (laptop procurement or reassignment).
- The whole team benefits from improved collaboration tools that allow employees to work from any location.
- Improved network speed and reliability has positively impacted the whole office team, but mainly the creatives who work directly from the new NAS storage.
- Cyber Essentials compliance (included in Protect & Grow) allows Plaster to reassure their current clients and to take on projects with new ones.
DOWNLOAD A PDF VERSION OF THE CASE STUDY ALL CASE STUDIES
Since we joined Dial A Geek’s Managed Service in 2021, they have greatly improved the way we work. The team are all very helpful and they always ensure a quick turn around on all projects and helpdesk tickets. It’s nice to know that we can always rely on Dial A Geek to keep us secure, productive, and up to date with our tech. It means that we can continue to grow our business while all our IT needs are taken care of.-Jemma Slattery, Operations & Studio Manager