#Take15 – Meet Your Geek: Nina Sawicka (Marketing)
Meet Nina: our Marketing Geek.
Nina develops marketing strategies, produces and delivers content, analyses marketing success, manages marketing budget… and does all the things you’d expect from a Marketing Manager.
She speaks A LOT about Dial A Geek and helps setting the voice of the company. Today we give her a platform to speak just about herself.
Here are Nina’s favourites from the last 15 years.
5 favourite music artists since 2006
5 favourite movies (seen) in the last 15 years
- The Blues Brothers
- National Lampoon’s Animal House
- Spies Like Us
- A Futile and Stupid Gesture (which you really could have guessed after the last 3 titles)
- Big Fish
Nina’s biggest lifestyle changes since 2006
- Settling down in Bristol after moving around A LOT
- Going from too afraid to take singing lessons as a teenager to teaching singing with a Bristol-based school
- Learning to dance (which is way more of a lifestyle change than just being able to not look like an idiot while moving to the music you like)
Favourite travel destinations of the last 15 years
- Austin, Texas
- New Orleans, Louisiana
- Montpellier, France
- Granada, Spain
- Bussana Vecchia, Italy
Nina’s greatest culinary achievements since 2006
- Traditional Polish Easter Pate
- Relearning to cook my favourite dishes without the use of legumes or dairy (it was much more difficult than expected!)
Nina’s favourite career moments
- Every time I perform with my band, Amun-Ramen
- Accidentally finding Dial A Geek’s job ad and applying successfully (this is definitely the best job I’ve ever had and no, I am not getting paid to say this!)
- Being offered a full teacher’s training to join Singing Lessons Bristol as their singing teacher
Would you like to know anything more about Nina? Tweet at us (@dialageek) and we may reply (we reserve the right not to, if the questions are too weird/not weird enough).
Let us know (on Twitter or just give us a call – we’re sociable Geeks) what else you’d like us to ask us for the upcoming ‘Meet Your Geek’ posts (each of us gets a blog post!).