#Take15 – our birthday and your chance to win!
Dial A Geek turns 15 years old this year!
To celebrate, we’re launching our #Take15 campaign. It’s a chance to look back at the local people and businesses who’ve helped and inspired us over the past decade and a half.
How has your business developed in the past 15 years? Why not let us know?
Submit your inspiration and achievements with the #Take15 hashtag (more details below) and let’s celebrate the way Bristol businesses have evolved over the past 15 years.
(We’re also giving you the chance to enter a little competition. The prize is lunch for two at Josh Eggleton’s new Bristol restaurant, The Pony. Trust us, you want to win this.)
From 15 years ago to now
Picture how your business looked a decade-and-a-half ago.
For Dial A Geek, that scene looked an awful lot like one man – our Chief Geek, Gildas Jones – working from a laptop perched atop the ironing board in his kitchen.
We’ve come a long, long way since then. And we couldn’t have done it without the friends, mentors, colleagues and clients who’ve come with us along the way.
Join the #Take15 campaign
#Take15 is a big, heartfelt thank you to all of the people who’ve helped us on our journey over the past 15 years.
All of the people who’ve made Dial A Geek the special place to work at that it is. All of the people whose potential we’ve helped unlock – and all the people who’ve helped unlock ours!
We plan to celebrate:
- DAG’s Journey – and the Geeks we’ve known over the past 15 years (what they were up to, what they were into, and where they are now).
- Hidden Faces – looking at some of the people behind big events of the past 15 years that wouldn’t have been possible without the tech!
- Bristol’s Finest – celebrating the local businesses and people who have inspired us during the past 15 years. We’ll look at how Bristol and certain industries have changed since 2006 with the help of our business friends and partners.
Tweet at us (@dialageek) if you know a Hidden Face or one of Bristol’s Finest you’d like us to cover (shameless plugs encouraged)!
Tell us about your business’s past 15 years…
Join the discussion! Tell us what your business has achieved in the past 15 years:
- Use the #Take15 hashtag to talk about your business’s achievements on social media.
- Mention @dialageek and how we worked together.
…or the future!
The #Take15 campaign will also be looking forward to the next 15 years in Bristol business and in tech. We will:
- Indulge in some future-gazing with our local friends and partners.
- Discover our apprentices’ heroes – the up-and-comers in tech who they think will make a big difference in years to come.
Do you have something to contribute to the debate?
Use the #Take15 hashtag and let us know.
We will be sharing materials across our social media channels and our blog, so keep your eyes and ears peeled!
Enter for your chance to win that tasty lunch
Finally, here’s how to win that lunch for two at Josh Eggleton’s new restaurant in Bristol – The Pony Bistro:
Do you know the name of the original Geek? You’ve seen him around, we’re sure (he was the “model” for the Dial A Geek logo!)
But can you Name That Geek?
Investigate the name of the original Geek on our LinkedIn page or chat about it on Twitter. But remember that only the entries submitted via our website count as competition entries, as per our T&Cs.