Are you looking for a part-time admin role within a growing organisation that truly values their staff as their most important resource?
We are Dial A Geek – an award winning and established Managed Service Provider in Bristol. Our mission is to support businesses by simplifying their IT and providing the right solutions to reach their full potential. We work with exciting companies in Bristol and the UK.
We believe at the core of every successful business, are the People. We have a strong ethos of personal development which is why we take part in apprenticeship programs as well as support our employees with in-house and external training. We value opinions, that is why we listen to our people.
We care about partnership, community, and human connection. We think it’s possible to do IT without the geek talk, and to do business while recognizing the human being on the other side. We care about people – whether it’s providing a supportive and friendly working environment, networking with and supporting other local businesses, and really getting to know our clients.
We’re looking for a part-time office admin/assistant to the director (Chief Geek) to join our friendly and supportive team.
You will work closely with the director to ensure that the communications between him and the marketing and management are clear, and the sales process is improved and followed. You will also undertake administrative tasks, ensuring the rest of the staff has adequate support to work efficiently.
This is a part-time position (15 hours) based in our office in central Bristol. We would like you to come into the office from Monday to Friday, but you’re welcome to chose what times of the day suit you best.
- Assisting the Chief Geek in responding to new client enquiries
- Keeping a track of sales enquiries and recording their progress in our sales pipeline
- Scheduling follow ups with qualified clients for our Chief Geek
- Helping the Chief Geek manage his calendar
- Maintaining communications between sales and marketing departments on behalf of the director
- Maintaining an organised document management system
- Maintaining our CRM with up-to-date client and employee information
- Performing a variety of administrative duties, such as renewing parking permits (and everything else to do with the city council), restocking office supplies, arranging necessary repairs, overseeing the office’s operational efficiency, and other.
- Assisting the managers in onboarding new employees (sending out employment contracts, ensuring the recruits read our set of policies, and other)
- Assisting the Geeks in non-technical tasks (such as liaising with couriers’ booking and collection requests)
Our ideal candidate will have a background as an Office Admin, Business Admin or in a supportive role to a director. They will be highly organised, detail-orientated, and able to work independently (don’t worry, help is there, if needed).
Skills and qualifications:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 2+ years working in a business environment
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft 365
- Ability to manage workload and competing priorities
- Flexibility and adaptability
- The ability to be proactive and take initiative
- Experience developing internal processes and filing systems
- Degree in any discipline
If you fit some but not all these criteria, please still apply telling us why you would be a great asset to our team!
What we offer:
- £12 – £15 per hour – depending on your experience
- Flexible working environment
- Private health insurance
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays + time off for Christmas.
- Quarterly office hangout/activity
- Any training, qualifications, or certifications we will pay for
- You get the chance to challenge our Chief Geek to a darts game
Inclusion and diversity
Dial A Geek are committed to inclusion and diversity in our workplace and our community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or their marital status and family situation.
Send your CV and a cover letter to Nina at [email protected]ALL CAREERS